Yecenia Vargas is an associate in the Irvine office. Ms. Vargas assists the firm with a broad range of legal matters, focusing her practice on labor & employment, code enforcement, contracts, litigation, and water. Ms. Vargas represents and advises various cities and special districts.
While attending law school, Ms. Vargas gained broad legal experience working a variety of externships. She served as an extern for the Orange County District Attorney's Office, and also externed with an employment litigation firm and a finance corporation's in-house legal department. During law school, Ms. Vargas also competed as a member of Chapman's Alternate Dispute Resolution Team, served as Treasurer of the Chapman Women Lawyers Association, and a served as a mentor in the First Generation Scholars Program.
• Assistant City Attorney, Perris
• Assistant City Attorney, Cypress
• Assistant General Counsel, Palmdale Water District
• State Bar of California
• U.S. District Court, Central District
• Hispanic National Bar Association Vision-in-Action Scholar
• Chapman Law Excellence Awards in Client Counseling and Negotiations
• CALI Awards in Trial Practice and Practice Foundation Transactions
• Chapman University Dale E. Fowler School of Law, JD, 2020
• Chapman University, BA & BS, 2016