Nick is a senior associate in the Irvine Office. He represents and advises cities and special districts on general municipal law issues with expertise in open meeting and public records laws (Brown Act and Public Records Act), land use and planning, CEQA, and public contracting. Nick regularly attends public meetings and currently advises boards of directors for special districts as well as planning commissions for multiple cities. He also has prior litigation experience consisting of eminent domain and code enforcement matters.
Nick is currently District General Counsel for Del Rey Community Services District and serves as Deputy City Attorney for the cities of La Cañada Flintridge, Yuba City, and Perris.
Nick is a member of the California Public Records Act Committee for the League of California Cities. The California Public Records Act Committee reviews new bills, cases, and AG opinions and updates the Public Records Act section of the Municipal Law and the “People’s Business” publication when needed.
Successfully acquired right-of-way from numerous properties for the widening of Goetz Road, Perris Boulevard, Nuevo Road, and Redlands Avenue in the City of Perris.
• District General Counsel, Del Rey Community Services District
• Deputy City Attorney, La Cañada Flintridge
• Deputy City Attorney, Yuba City
• Deputy City Attorney, Perris
State Bar of California
• Editor, The People's Business: A Guide to the California Public Records Act (2022)
• Reviewer, the Public Records Act section of The California Municipal Law Handbook (2022)
• Classic films
• U.S. History
• Stand up paddle boarding
• Bird watching
• Southwestern University Law School, JD, 2014
• University of California, Irvine, BA, 2010