Martin Koczanowicz has more than 32 years of experience in providing legal advice to governmental agencies, in both in-house and contract firm capacity. In that time, he served as a City Attorney for six California cities, and as General Counsel for four Redevelopment Agencies, two Community Services Districts, a Fire Authority, and a Successor Agency Oversight Board.
Mr. Koczanowicz has extensive experience in all aspects of municipal law including land use, water law, personnel, environmental liabilities, public works contracting, as well as Brown Act, Conflict of Interest and Public Records Act. While running his own firm for 17 years, Mr. Koczanowicz also represented private clients in areas of real estate, contracts, business litigation, administrative law and insurance coverage. In addition to being a zealous advocate for his clients, Mr. Koczanowicz is a trained mediator and available to serve in that capacity.
• City Attorney, Ridgecrest
• Assistant City Attorney, San Gabriel
• General Counsel, San Gabriel County Water District
• Assistant General Counsel Eastern, West Basin, Upper San Gabriel Valley Municipal Water Districts.
• City Attorney, Grover Beach
• City Attorney, King City
• City Attorney, Tulare
• City Attorney, Chowchilla
• City Attorney, Moreno Valley
• General Counsel Five Cities Fire Authority
• General Counsel, Del Rey Community Services District
• General Counsel, Malaga Water District
• State Bar of California
• 9th Circuit Court of Appeals Eastern, Central and Norther District Courts
University of La Verne, JD, 1986