W. Keith Lemieux, Jr. chairs Aleshire & Wynder’s Water practice. A recognized expert on matters of water, environmental and public agency law, Lemieux currently serves as City Attorney for the cities of Ridgecrest and San Gabriel.
Lemieux represents municipal and county water districts throughout California, irrigation districts, and groundwater sustainability agencies including the Indian Wells Valley Groundwater Authority and the Upper Ventura River Agency.
Lemieux has had extensive litigation experience defending public entities and, particularly, water districts. He has appeared in all levels of court, including the California Supreme Court and the Court of Federal Claims in Washington, D.C. Issues litigated range from construction defect cases, inverse condemnation claims, water rates and fees litigation, and even defending alleged civil rights violations. Additionally, he has litigated cases involving the California Environmental Quality Act, the Clean Water Act, the Government Claims Act, those provisions of the California Constitution related to water rights, as well as the setting of water, sewer, and other fees and charges (such as Proposition 26 and Proposition 218).
• City Attorney, Ridgecrest
• City Attorney, San Gabriel
• General Counsel, Foothill Municipal Water District
• General Counsel, Las Virgenes Municipal Water District
• General Counsel, Big Bear Municipal Water District
• General Counsel, Valley County Water District
• General Counsel, Littlerock Creek Irrigation District
• General Counsel, Palm Ranch Irrigation District
• General Counsel, Indian Wells Valley Groundwater Authority
• General Counsel, Upper Ventura River Groundwater Agency
• General Counsel, Desert Lakes Community Services District
• State Bar of California
• Court of Federal Claims
• Pepperdine University School of Law, JD, 1992
• University of California, Santa Barbara, BA, 1989