Elena Gerli is the City Attorney for the City of Suisun City, and the Assistant City Attorney for the Cities of Rancho Palos Verdes and La Cañada Flintridge. She provides legal services for the Puente Hills Habitat Preservation Authority, and special counsel services for the City of Culver City. She advises her clients primarily on land use and housing laws, open meeting laws under the Brown Act, Political Reform Act and Section 1090 conflicts, constitutional issues of free speech and due process, Natural Community Conservation Plans/Habitat Conservation Plans, and the use of Community Development Block Grant funds and other state and federal grant funds, and the property use restrictions that such grants may require.
Ms. Gerli also has some litigation and enforcement experience, which she brings to bear in how she advises her clients and in drafting documents and ordinances.
Ms. Gerli is the founder and co-chair of the firm’s Diversity Equity and Inclusion committee. She is an active volunteer for her alma mater, and is currently serving as co-DEI officer for her alumni class. Ms. Gerli is the current Vice-President for the City Attorneys Association of Los Angeles County.
• City Attorney, Suisun City
• Legal Counsel, Puente Hills Habitat Preservation Authority
• Assistant City Attorney, Rancho Palos Verdes
• Assistant City Attorney, La Cañada Flintridge
• Vice-President for the City Attorneys Association of Los Angeles County
Assistant City Attorney, Carson
• California Supreme Court
• Central District of California
• Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal
• Brown University, BA, 1990
• UCLA School of Law, JD, 2003
• Cornell University Diversity and Inclusion Certificate November 2020
• Cornell University Diversifying Your Workforce Certificate April 2022