Brian represents and advises cities and other local agencies in all areas of public law with specialization in land use and planning, public works and prevailing wage law, housing (including SB 9 and ADU law), contracting and purchasing, CEQA, and open meeting and public records laws. Brian regularly attends public meetings and advises planning commissions and city councils. Brian enjoys working closely with elected officials, commissioners, and staff to provide legal solutions and practical advice on a wide range of issues.
Brian joined Aleshire & Wynder in 2015 and is a senior associate in the Irvine office.
During law school, Brian was a member of the Law Review and received the Conrad Kellenberg Award for outstanding public service and community involvement.
• ADUs and SB 9 – Drafted ordinances regulating ADUs and SB 9 developments for multiple cities.
• Purchasing – Drafted and updated purchasing ordinances for multiple cities.
• Wind Farm Project – Drafted agreement to allow wind farm developer to transport oversized wind turbine blades through city’s downtown, including mitigation of all potential damage.
• Development Impact Fees – Advised multiple cities regarding compliance with the Mitigation Fee Act and the Quimby Act, including drafting development impact fee ordinances.
• Real Estate – Drafted leases of city property for a museum, a YMCA, agricultural uses, a head start program, and a safe parking program.
• Solid Waste and Recycling – Drafted regulations and amendments to franchise hauler agreements regarding SB 1383 and state organics recycling laws.
• CEQA – Provided comments on an EIR for a 1.28 million square foot logistics center.
• City-Adjacent Nonprofits – Created and advised multiple city-adjacent nonprofits to help support government projects and benefit surrounding communities.
• Assistant City Attorney, Chino
• Assistant City Attorney, Hesperia
• Assistant City Attorney, Lompoc
Assistant City Attorney, Morro Bay
State Bar of California
In his free time, Brian volunteers with Home for Refugees USA, a nonprofit organization that assists refugees with resettlement in the United States.
• “Up In The Air: Drones For Special Districts” – 2018 CSDA Annual Conference (September 2018)
• “Municipal Regulation and Use of Drones: FAA Rules, State Laws, and Preemption Issues” – Stafford Webinars (February 2020)