Anthony R. Taylor is an equity partner of the Firm. Mr. Taylor serves as the co-chair of the Firm’s litigation group and as general counsel to the Firm.
Mr. Taylor’s litigation experience includes arguing matters before the California Supreme Court, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and California Court of Appeal, including numerous published decisions since 2001. Additionally, Mr. Taylor has handled numerous jury and bench trials.
Mr. Taylor has handled business litigation matters, including prevailing in a four week jury trial for the defense of a hotel in a multi-million dollar real estate dispute.
Mr. Taylor has handled plaintiff professional negligence matters and he has obtained multi-million dollar recoveries.
Recent Litigation Decisions:
• In 2021, Mr. Taylor prevailed for the City of Fresno as the lead litigation counsel in a published Court of Appeal decision concerning a project challenger who sued the City over a city issued land use permit and this published case clarified the legal requirements for the exhaustion of administrative remedies defense. (Muskan Food & Fuel, Inc. v. City of Fresno (2021) 69 Cal.App.5th 372).
• Mr. Taylor filed an amicus brief for State Water Contractors in Coachella Valley Water District v. Superior Court (Roberts) (2021) 61 Cal.App.5th 755, which held that a challenge to a county water district’s ad valorem property tax must be brought within the 60-day statute of limitations set forth in Code of Civil Procedure section 860.
City Attorney, South El Monte
• City Attorney, Suisun City(2011 – 2021)
• City Attorney, Cypress (2014 -2020)
• State Bar of California
• US Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
• US District Court of California, Southern, Central and Eastern Districts
Mr. Taylor was named a 2015 California Lawyer Magazine Attorney of the Year in the category of Municipal Law (along with Founding Partner, David Aleshire of the Firm).
Mr. Taylor currently serves as a board member of the Beckman High School football boosters fundraising organization.
• Government Lawyer Ethics Presentation, NBI (2017)
• Litigation Skills For Professionals, Lorman (2012 - 2014)
Orange County Bar Association
• University of Southern California, JD, 2000
• University of Southern California, BS, 1997, Summa Cum Laude, Class Valedictorian of the School of Public Administration