Alexis Hall is an associate in the Irvine office. She assists the Firm with a broad range of legal matters, focusing her practice on code enforcement, contracts and public works, risk management and torts, labor and employment, and litigation.
While attending law school, Alexis gained broad legal experience as a law clerk with the Los Angeles County Public Defender’s Office, and as a clinical student with UC Irvine School of Law’s Domestic Violence Clinic and Start Up and Small Business Clinic.
During law school, Alexis served as Staff Editor for UC Irvine Law Review and the Journal of International, Transnational, and Comparative Law, Co-Chair of the Black Law Student Association, and participated in pro bono projects such as Street Law, Saturday Academy of Law, and the Transgender Legal Assistance Clinic.
Representative Transactional Matters
• Contracts & Public Works: Various Cities – Assisted with drafting wide range of public contracts, including professional services and consulting agreements, land development documents, reimbursement agreements, and other municipal agreements.
• Contracts & Public Works: Varies Cities – Assisted and guided Cities with the public contracting process on several occasions with respect to approving public projects and awarding contracts governed by state and municipal law.
• Labor & Employment: City of Suisun – Assisted with preparing amendments to various memoranda of understanding for unions representing City employees.
• Code Enforcement: Various Cities – Assisted with analyzing city, county, and other public entities’ code sections for the purpose of ensuring compliance with current law and revising as necessary.
• General Counsel and Advice: Various Cities – Advised on a variety of legal issues affecting cities and their operations, including but not limited to, drafting resolutions, preparing staff reports and other municipal documents to facilitate and support city operations.
Representative Litigation Matters
• City Prosecutor – Currently serving as the Assistant City Prosecutor for the City of Rancho Palos Verdes.
• City Prosecutor – Currently serving as the acting Assistant City Prosecutor for the City of Carson.
• Tardif v. Borenstein, et al. (2022) U.S. Dist. Ct., Central Dist. Successfully defended city employees against certain constitutional issues surrounding a sportfishing business and COVID protocol which resulted in dismissal of case in favor of the city employees.
• State Bar of California
• US District Court, Central District of CA
CALPERLA Conference, November 2022
• University of California, Irvine, JD, 2021
• Loyola Marymount University, BA, Magna Cum Laude, 2017