Anne Lanphar has been practicing transactional real estate law (leasing, acquisitions, development, financing, title insurance) since graduating from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law with a J.D. in 1977. Ms. Lanphar was also a real estate partner at Rutan & Tucker where she worked extensively with developers, banks, owners and public agencies on a wide variety of real estate transactions. Prior to joining Aleshire & Wynder, she was a senior underwriter at First American Title Insurance Company for many years and also served as general counsel for two major subsidiaries. For over 25 years, Ms. Lanphar has consistently earned the highest AV rating (5 out of 5) by Martindale-Hubbell’s peer rating system.
Having represented developers, owners, lenders and title insurers, Ms. Lanphar has an extensive background in virtually all area of transactional real estate law. Ms. Lanphar has taught numerous classes for Continuing Education of the Bar (CEB) including Real Estate Transactions (a 4-day course); Escrow and Escrow Issues; and Title Insurance Practice. She has also been a panel member on numerous classes sponsored by the Practicing Law Institute (PLI).
After joining First American, Ms. Lanphar worked closely with the California Association of REALTORS® to redraft their Residential Purchase Agreement and related standard forms.
Purchase agreements as well as option agreements
LEASING: Preparing and negotiating ground leases as well as commercial, office and retail leases; leasehold financing.
ENTITY FORMATION: Negotiated and drafted entity formation documents.
TITLE INSURANCE: Extensive knowledge of title insurance and underwriting practices as well as escrow.
PUBLIC LAW: Worked extensively with the public law lawyers representing public agencies (municipal governments, redevelopment agencies, and school districts) with emphasis on negotiating & drafting documents for real estate transactions. Wrote successful amicus curiae brief for members of the League of Cities in the 1995 landmark California Supreme Court case of Citizens for Covenant Compliance v. Anderson
GENERAL BUSINESS: Advised business clients with emphasis on negotiating and drafting contracts and leases, reviewing corporate formation documents, drafting corporate resolutions, advising on dispute resolution, and monitoring litigation. Also provided general legal advice to trustee and beneficiaries of very wealthy trust involving disputing family factions. Made court appearances, drafted responsive pleadings, negotiated and drafted settlement agreement of a major lawsuit which included a complex trust bifurcation agreement.
• State Bar of California
• US District Court, Central, CA
For the last 30 years, Ms. Lanphar has been dedicated to public service through numerous charities:
• Catholic Detention Ministry – Orange County Juvenile Hall, Conducted Weekly Communion Services, Bible Study and Sacramental Preparation Classes in high security units (2006 ‐ 2013)
• St. Thomas More Society, (Association of Catholic Lawyers) co‐founder; Board of Directors – 1996 to present; Secretary & Executive Committee – 1996 to 2005; Editor of Ad Veritatem (monthly newsletter) – 1996 to 2011; 2001 St. Thomas More Award Recipient
• Boy Scouts of America, Orange County Council, Vice President of Field Operations ‐ 2 years; Vice President of Program ‐ 3 years; Board of Directors – 19 years; Executive Committee ‐ 5 years; Numerous positions (unit & district levels) - Numerous awards (Award of Merit, Silver Beaver & Honor Medal)
• Goodwill Industries of Orange County, Inc., Board of Directors (10 years); Chairman of the Board: 1995‐6; Vice Chairman: 1993‐4; Secretary: 1991‐2
• Constitutional Rights Foundation of Orange County, Mock Trial Competition ‐ Judge 1986; Advisor 1991, 1993
• St Angela Merici Parish (Brea) Eucharistic Minister, Lector, CCD Teacher; Baptism Class Instructor
Ms. Lanphar has taught numerous classes for Continuing Education of the Bar (CEB) including Real Estate Transactions (a 4-day course); Escrow and Escrow Issues; and Title Insurance Practice. She has also been a panel member on numerous classes sponsored by the Practicing Law Institute (PLI).
After joining First American, Ms. Lanphar worked closely with the California Association of REALTORS® to redraft their Residential Purchase Agreement and related standard forms. She co-taught numerous courses with CAR attorneys at both the annual CAR convention and at local associations on a variety of topics including escrow, title insurance and real estate issues.
Ms. Lanphar was an adjunct professor at Chapman University School of Law teaching classes in Commercial Leasing and a practice skills class for Contract Transactions.
• University of California, Hastings, JD, 1977
• California State University, Fullerton, BA, 1974: Nat’l Accounting Honor Society