February 5, 2020 -- On Wednesday, February 12, 2020, Aleshire & Wynder attorney Brian Wright-Bushman will be one of two presenters in a live webinar entitled, “Municipal Regulation and Use of Drones: FAA Rules, State Laws, and Preemption Issues.”
This CLE webinar will explore issues facing municipalities due to increased use of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs)--or drones. The panel will discuss current Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations regarding drones, preemption issues that local governments must navigate, the use of drones by local governments, and local regulation of drones to further safety, privacy, or proprietary interests.
The panel will review these and other noteworthy issues:
- What types of local UAV regulations are most vulnerable to FAA preemption?
- What risk management issues are raised by municipal use of drones?
- What privacy rights are implicated by municipal use of drones?
- How can municipalities use existing laws to regulate drones, such as zoning regulations to restrict drone takeoff and landing sites?
- What impact will the FAA's new drone rules have on the ability of municipalities to regulate local drone use?
For more information, please contact Brian Wright-Bushman at firstname.lastname@example.org.